Howdy Smith Reining Horses
6686 East St.
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
This stallion breeding contract hereinafter designated contract for the breeding season of 2020 made and entered
into on the _____ day of ________________, is by and between Howdy Smith Reining Horses, hereinafter designated
Stallion Owner, and its employees hereinafter designated Breeder and _______________________________,
hereinafter designated Mare Owner. Mare Owner agrees to breed the mare, ___________________________
registration number _____________, to the stallion OLENA CIELO, hereinafter designated Stallion, registration
number 5376597, for the fee of $750 for a live foal subject to the following conditions:
1. This contract is good for one foal only. Should more than one foal be the
result of this breeding ,whether accidental or intentional, mare owner agrees to pay $750 for each resulting foal.
2. A non-Refundable booking fee of $250 is payable with this contract. The balance of $500 plus all unpaid expenses
shall be paid before the mare is bred or before any cooled semen is shipped. This contract becomes binding by both
parties when booking fee is paid and Stallion Owner or Breeder signs and returns one copy of the contract to Mare
3. Breeder agrees to provide suitable facilities for the care and feed of Mare and/or foal while in its custody. Mare
Owner agrees to pay for care and feed at the rate of $10 a day for dry mares and $10 a day for wet mares. The daily
mare care doubles after the Mare is vet checked in foal 45 days.
4. Breeder will decide on the necessary veterinary and farrier services for the care and well being of Mare and/or foal.
Mare Owner will pay all veterinary and farrier expenses.
5. All above expenses will be billed and due monthly upon receipt of billing. A late fee will be charged on the unpaid
balance at the rate of fifteen per cent (15%) per annum commencing thirty (30) days after presentation of invoice.
Should Stallion Owner initiate legal action to enforce any terms of the Contract, Mare Owner shall pay all of Stallion
Owner’s and Breeder’s court costs and attorney fees incurred.
6. The Mare shall be halter broken, healthy, in sound breeding condition, free from infectious, contagious or
transmittable disease. A current negative Coggins test, a negative uterine culture within 30 days for barren mares,
Health Certificate, a record of worming and immunizations and a copy of the Mare’s registration papers must
accompany the mare. If not, the Breeder reserves the right to refuse the Mare or have a certified veterinarian examine
and test the Mare at the Mare Owner’s expense.
7. Breeder agrees to diligently try to settle the Mare; however, neither Stallion Owner, Breeder nor any other
representative shall be liable for failure of the Mare to get in foal or produce a live foal for any reason whatsoever.
The Mare Owner agrees to give Breeder ample opportunity to settle Mare. Mare Owner agrees to notify Stallion
Owner when Mare is confirmed safe in foal.
8. It shall be the Mare Owner’s responsibility to maintain insurance on Mare and foal, if so desired:
Insurance Carrier ____________________________________ Insurance Carrier’s
phone number ____________________
9. This contract contains a live foal guarantee. A live Foal is defined as a newborn foal that stands and nurses without
assistance. If the foal is born dead, or the Mare absorbs, miscarries, aborts or proves barren after being pronounced
in foal, the Mare Owner has the right to return privileges during the current breeding season which runs February 15
through July 1, or the following breeding season, with a $300 chute fee. Mare Owner has the choice of rebreed on the
same Mare or a Stallion Owner approved substitute Mare. The live foal guarantee does not apply to any mare being
bred under the rebreed privilege.
10. Mare Owner agrees to have Mare checked safe in foal at 18 days, 30 days, and 60 days by a certified
veterinarian. Documentation must be presented to Stallion Owner or Breeder and verified by a certified veterinarian
stating the Mare is safe in foal. Also Veterinarian Report of cause of death of foal must be presented. If above written
documentation is not presented, rebreed privileges as defined in item 9 do not apply.
11. A breeder’s certificate will be issued for the foal when all the fees have been paid and the Stallion Owner is
notified that the foal has been born.
12. Mare Owner shall indemnify and hold Stallion Owner, Breeder, employees, veterinarian and any parties involved
harmless against any loss, ability, or damages incurred in connection with or arising from (I) the services provided
under this Contract, (ii) any activity, work, or thing done or permitted to be done by Stallion Owner or Breeder
pursuant to this contract, (iii) any acts, omissions, or negligence of Stallion Owner or Breeder or any person claiming
under Stallion Owner, (iv) any breach, violation, nonperformance by Mare Owner or any person claiming under Mare
Owner of any term, covenant, or provision of the Contract, or any law, ordinance or governmental requirement of any
kind or (v) liability for any loss including but not limited to fire, theft, sickness, disease, injury, death, damage or other
harm suffered by Mare, foal or Mare Owner, Agent or employee whether or not deemed to be caused by Stallion
Owner or Breeder’s negligence.
13. It is agreed that should OLENA CIELO die, be sold, or become unfit for use prior to settling the Mare, the breeding
fee paid will be refunded thereby canceling this contract. In the event that the Mare dies or becomes unfit for use after
being serviced by Stallion, the Stallion Owner has the option of accepting another mare as replacement, or refunding
the breeding fee not including the booking fee.
14. It is agreed that should the Mare be sold or change ownership after being serviced by the Stallion, the
“live foal guarantee” and rebreed privileges will no longer be valid.
15. This Contract shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arkansas. Each provision hereof shall
extend to and shall, as the case may require, bind and inure to the benefit of the Mare Owner and their respective
heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns. In case any one or more of the provisions contained in this
Contract shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, shall invalidity, illegality or
unenforceability shall not effect any other provisions hereof and the Contract shall be construed as if such invalid,
illegal or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein.
16. Pregnancy losses/confirmations should be reported immediately to Stallion Owner or Breeder. All pregnant mares
must be vaccinated for Rhinopneumonitis at the 5th, 7th, and 9th months of gestation. Or rebreed privilege will no
longer be valid.
amount paid________________amount owed_________________________________
Stallion Owner: Howdy Smith Reining Horses
6686 East St.
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
(903) 277-1195 (cell)
Mare Owner’s Signature
City, State, Zip___________________________